Spam and Malware
point2point has a zero tolerance policy for spam and a public track record of responsively and responsibly taking action when we discover spam or security issues with systems registered or hosted with point2point.
- Working closely with many Internet security organizations, we share information critical to combating spam and malware across the Internet. Collaborating with companies like Spamhaus, HostExploit, Arbor, NetCraft, Google and many others, we actively strive to make the Internet a safer environment for consumers.
- We monitor the use of our system and services to ensure they are not used for the purpose of sending out unsolicited email. And we have taken measures to prevent the abuse of our registration engine, web hosting, and DNS services at a transaction’s point of origin – doing our part to eliminate spam.
- point2point works with HostExploit to establish accurate and reliable measurements of spam and malware activities on our systems and our efforts have resulted in our systems being relatively free of harmful spam and malware, as reported by HostExploit.
- point2point investigates and takes appropriate action with every Spam or security report that we receive.
Navigating the complex world of intellectual property rights protection in hundreds of countries and protecting third party rights holders is a full time job for many people at point2point.
- Our staff members have consistently contributed to ICANN policy and process development with respect to Rights Protection. An example is the Community Proposal for the Trademark Clearinghouse for the new gTLD program, where we co-authored this important document submitted to ICANN in October 2012.
- point2point complies with the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy, as approved by ICANN, regarding disputes concerning domain names alleged to infringe the rights of third parties.
- point2point respects the copyright rights of others and expects that the people who use its services do the same. We follow the DMCA’s notice and takedown provisions concerning the removal of materials infringing on the copyright rights of third parties. Please see ourCopyright Policy for more information.
- We have established a clear Civil Subpoena Policy and a clear Criminal Subpoena Policy to assist rights holders and law enforcement in investigating abuse and wrong doing.