How to Manage PagesNovember 8, 2010
How to make a link in WordPressNovember 8, 2010
Once you have selected the page or post you wish to add an image to, add an image by doing the following:
- Click the Add Image () button in the Upload/Insert toolbar (see the Upload/Insert Toolbar section of this document). The Add an Image screen will display:
Figure 6: Add an Image Screen
- Click the Select Files button. Locate the image on your computer that you want to add in the File Select window, click on it and then click Open. You will see a message that reads Crunching
This indicates that your image is being uploaded to WordPress. After your image has been uploaded successfully, a thumbnail version of the image will display:
Figure 7: Uploaded Image Screen
On this screen, you can change the title of the image and add a caption, if desired. You can also enter a description of the image and link it to a Web page.
- Using the options at the bottom of the screen, choose how you want the image to align on the page and what size you would like the image to be.
Note: Larger images take longer to load.
- After you have made all adjustments to the image, click the Insert into Post button. The image will display as indicated.
- To save your changes, click . The image will now display live on your sites page or post.